Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day One of ROUND-2 of Boot camp- I got a leg cramp!‏

I didn't expect this, but who ever expects to get a leg cramp.  I have not had one in years, and I have been jogging/walking a lot for months and yesterday around the half-way point of our run, the Cramp started in my calf.  I had to walk back to the muster point.  Darn, What a bum deal.  Not to mention the pain, every time you move your leg even a little bit.  We have stairs at home, and I use them constantly, so up and down the stairs was a slow process.  
Everyone at boot camp gave me suggestions, start drinking more water (I suppose 1.5 litre per day minimum).  
Today the pain is one third what it was yesterday, but it will take another 2 days for it to be totally gone (if I'm lucky).  Besides water, what are some other tips or ideas for not getting cramps?  

No comments:

Post a Comment